
We had a really fun weekend at Washougal & Portland. Left Friday night at 1 a.m. - thought Steve was insane! We got to Washougal at 6:30 a.m. & I crashed in the car till practices started. Right across the street from my car I watched a dad & 18 year-old son get ready for the races - they brushed their teeth, got the son's motorcycle ready, chatted with neighbors, etc.
I have had several life & death talks with Steve, he is getting to old to race, he has four kids to support, etc. but Steve LOVES racing. He works hard & he plays hard! Steve has dreamed of racing at Washougal since he was 16 - he told me this during one of my life & death talks! And, he did really well at the race! He got third out of 23 riders! The race was amazing with over 550 riders there. We had a fun day but Whew! I think all wives, mother's, etc. have very mixed feelings about racing - just ask my racer wife, friend Cindy!
We loved Portland - beautiful Spring weekend! Went to Ikea AGAIN, but this time we had the TRAILER & left with three carts full of stuff! Furniture, rugs, kitchen stuff, etc. LOVED IT! We really miss eating with friends at Tepanyaki in Layton - SO, Steve took me to Benhana's & Raul cooked for us! Pres. Bush ate there! What a wonderful Mother's Day! The girls were home for the weekend. They had two soccer games, lunch & dinner with the team, laser tag, sang in the Spanish branch, hung out with friends, etc. They didn't miss us at ALL! The girls surprised me with roses & a card! Overall a wonderful weekend - I am exhausted! Mentally & physically! I was so thankful for my kids, my husband, job, home, family - everything. We are here one minute & gone the next - live life to the fullest! Love Lisa & the clan
2 comments:
I'm glad to hear you had a great Mother's Day. Everything looked so nice and green in Washougal. You have very good kids and husband.
Tell Trevor not to break me when he starts reading???? I need to buy him something at Sun Valley.
..........Gayla
Gayla
Hi - Trevor totally nailed my dad to the wall & got him to do 10 cents an hour! It was pretty funny! He called us back & asked when the fund raiser would be ending. I was laughing & handed the phone to Trevor. Trevor said to Grandpa "I told you it would be about 60.00 dollars!". My Dad finally convinced Trevor to go to 5 cents an hour! Trevor is a slick negotiater! The girls are training for their new jobs tonight & are soooooooo excited! I will look into hotels & get back with you! Lisa
Post a Comment