May 6, 2008

Baseball 500

On Sunday the kids wanted to play baseball after church. So ... We got all the baseball mitts & balls out & taught the kids the true game of 500. Every Spring, when I was a kid, my five brothers & two sisters & I would play this game every sun. after church. It was a rough, tough, tumbling, pulling, tripping, game where I would do anything to not let my siblings catch the ball. Well, on Sun., the kids were letting their Dad smear them. So I decided to teach them the proper down-and-dirty 500 rules. I posted the scores to one game & also posted the deductions for hitting, slapping, pushing, whining, crying, etc. We had a ball & learned you don't mess with Jacy!

She reminds me so much of my sister Janelle! We miss playing kickball at the park, playing basketball with James & the gang (& smearing him :O)! ) playing four-wheeler playstation games, etc. with the relatives & we heard about the guitar hero tournament we missed at Christmas! Steve would have loved to smear James in guitar hero! Anyway, we firmed up Trevor's date in Sept. & it is the weekend we talked about yesterday! We would love to have you all up here to ride at the sand dunes, go swimming, smear James in Playstation, basketball, baseball, golf, eat, etc. Trevor is excited to get his scriptures from G&G Jones! We miss you & cannot wait to see you next month! Love the Jones

3 comments:

steve and lisa said...

Cannot see the rules very well. I will try & get that fixed! Lisa

Howard Jones said...

How do you get plus points?

steve and lisa said...

Gayla
You have to catch the ball to get 100 points. If it bounces once & you catch it, it is 75 points, two bounces - 50 points, etc. If you hit someone - minus 100 points, trip someone - minus 75 points, swear - minus 1000 points, etc. (just kidding about the swearing!) It is a fun game when you have a lot of people to. Lisa