May 14, 2008

Ughhh!

So - I am posting the bruise on my leg! Steve's monster bruise on his leg was impressive after his motorcycle crash - BUT, sometimes a little bit of sympathy from my husband .....?!!! At the races, I graciously stepped over the hitch on the trailer, caught my filthy pant leg on the hitch, fell over the hitch, got my other leg caught in the chains on the hitch & couldn't push myself off the ground back to standing position! My leg was tangled in the hitch chains & the other leg was caught up on the top of the hitch. VERY embarrassing! My B O T T O M was sticking up in the air & I was mortified that the cars passing by wouldn't know what to think?!!!! I Finally got myself back up to standing position, went to the back of the trailer to Yell at my husband for not even having a clue that his wife had fallen (he should have read my mind!) & he was happily washing & cleaning his motorcycle (which I call his second wife!) I was filthy, tired, wet from the afternoon rain storm, had been using the porta potty all day & I also dropped my clean sweats in the dirt when I fell! I keep trying to get anyone to notice my bruise & give me a hug - but NO! I awe & EWWWW over their bruises, scratches, etc. Life is such a kicker! Lisa

3 comments:

Lynell said...

That is one impressive bruise! Definately a story worth telling. I'm am sorry about the fall. But, I am totally crack'n up.

We miss you guys! I can't believe how grown up and beautiful Kelcey and Jacy are. Amazing!!

So fun to hear from you. This is such a great way to stay in touch!

steve and lisa said...

Gayla
The hotel close to our house is Ameri Stay. There is a Holiday Express & one more - but I cannot remember the name of it. I will get it figured out & get back with you. Lisa

Susan said...

HILARIOUS! I would have loved to be there to see that!