June 2, 2008

Relay for Life. May 2008

We all went to the Relay for life. We got at the the track around 10:30 p.m. & the silent walk had just started. There were tents everywhere & lots of people. We started to walk around the track & count all of our blessings. Glowing - paper sacks lined the track & we just walked & thought of all the generations of people affected by cancer. It was a really special night.
Trevor fell asleep at the Wal Mart tent - he was laying in the grass with his head on my feet.












We decided to head home & put Trevor to bed.
The girls stayed at the walk until 2 a.m.
It was a really great night of honoring those who have passed & those who continue to survive & fight this disease.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Lisa,
I think it's so great y'all do this walk. I want to participate in the one our city does. With our friend, Rich, passing away from Brain Cancer in April I have now seen first hand the devestating effects of such an awful disease.