January 13, 2011

Christmas decorations, a little Thanksgiving & kelcey time!

We have had such a wishy, washy winter. We have had fog fog & fog. Jacy got these amazing shots of a spider web, covered with ice from the fog. So beautiful! Every year - trying to get a shot of the kids for our Christmas card is a JOKE! They are always ok for ONE or two shots and then I just GIVE up!!! I get a couple of ok shots and then I just sit there and watch them goof off and fight. And then, every year I take about 20 shots of them messing around and fighting - so this year, I put all of their fighting shots on the Christmas card! Welcome to my Christmas true-to-life card!

And of course every time I try to get shots of the kids for Christmas cards, I end up with these self portrait shots. The kids are always taking pictures of each other - really goofy shots! But, sometimes they are really cute shots!
This picture was on the Christmas card, but Trevor got cut out of the shot! As you can see, he was so PLEASED that he got his siblings into a brawl! Totally gives him away! Sneaky Trevor!
I think it is time to repaint the front porch again. I can see my cute kids in this shot, but the paint coming off the porch is really all I can see! Darn it! Lets just pretend it looks good & then in the Spring we'll get another coat of paint on it! Maybe?!! LOL!

Look at that evil smile! He is the biggest TEASE & teenager! SIGH!!!!!

I took these shots right after church and let me tell you - again a pain in the rear! They turned out cute, but Jacy's jacket was in every shot & it was FREEZING outside & couldn't get the kids back out the door to get some more shots! It is a great shot for the blog though!! HA!
All during Thanksgiving break I would try to remember to get a shot of the four kids, but of course FORGOT! So, Kelcey's roommate took this shot & it turned out adorable!!

We always put up our Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving. We love CHristmas and all of our homemade Christmas tree ornaments. We have several Christmas trees but this year only put up the one tree in our great room. It was really nice to minimize some of the decorating and was so much easier to clean up after Christmas. I am really into the SIMPLIFY everything in my life. It was a very nice Christmas.
The girls helped make some more homemade Christmas items again this year. kelcey made an adorable scrap garland for the one mantel. You really cannot see it very well in this picture, but a HUGE thanks to kelcey for your help. Jacy cut out the Merry Christmas out of paper and I LOVED it! It is just plain old fun to sit around and make homemade Christmas items and catch up with the coming and going's in our kids lives.
My cute neighbor gave me this really funky old window.
I really love the angle of the panes in it.
This snowman has completely melted and now there sits an igloo in the front yard, but with the balmy 48 degree weather - the igloo is melting fast!
I posted about the CraZy nerf battles that happen in our home. Just another battle.
Little nutcases.
Happy Thanksgiving! Another picture that I am sure I posted. Oh well.
Kelcey's gift to Trevor for his late birthday. She is so sweet!

Just dance parties with the boys.
Nerf gun battles.
A sweet hug from her little munchin brother!
we LOVE just dance !

Even though the kids Christmas card picture drives me CRAZY!!!
They really do love each other & are best buddies!!I am one proud mama bear!

No comments: