April 9, 2010

Every year - birthdays, birthdays, birthdays! It is sooooo much fun!!
And - I am not being sarcastic!
We made it home from our super fun vacation (pictures to come!) & then celebrated Jacy's & Steve's birthday & then Easter Sunday. We were so happy to rest on Sunday & watch general conference at home. It was a beautiful conference with so many wonderful speakers. Refilling & giving us a boost to keep living, loving & believing!
Kelcey was a sweetie & made Jacy a cake for her birthday!
But, on our way home from our trip - I get a call from Kelcey. Ummmmmmm - (which starts every conversation - where she needs something!)
"I couldn't get the icing to stay on the cake - it is a wreck!"
"a disaster!" "a mess!"
I was just so happy to have Kelcey run to the store & get a choc. cake, icing & put it all together.
The cake was yummy - even though it was a little bit thrashed!
Thank you Kelcey!
Easter morning came bright & early & the kids were off looking for their Easter baskets. Usually Kelcey cannot find her basket - but, Jacy was the winner, or loser - and couldn't find her basket. Finally found all baskets!
Gayla - thank you for all of the birthday cards & money!
Kelcey just picked up a beautiful scarf with her bday money.
Well, we have recovered from our trip & are back into the swing of things. Baseball games are starting, YCL camp for Jacy this weekend, packing up Kelcey & running around again. We leave next week to drop Kelcey off at school. She is very excited - got a job in Rexburg at the Dominoes pizza, starting Wed. after school starts on Tues. We are excited for her. She will be very busy & meeting a lot of fun new people (boys!!). We will be celebrating her b-day in Shelley with my brother & family, parents & sister & family. We are going to see my friend Deb - cannot Wait for my Deb fix! Should be fun!
Will be posting pictures from our trip - soon! But, the garden needs planted & more yard work!
Fun, fun!!
Easter baskets.

HA HA! Right in the middle of the morning session of conference - we noticed Trevor's little devil hair! What can I say?

Jacy FINALLY found her basket!
This picture was at Jacy's b-day part.
He LOVES taking pictures of himself! We thought it was a gREAT picture!
Jacy's birthday!
Happy birthday Jacy!
Such a sweet girl, my almost April Fools baby.
Cannot believe she is 17 & Kelcey is turning 19 - WOW!!!!
The years have flown by so fast - I have loved every minute!!!
Some new clothes - Jacy loves new clothes, shoes & purses!
Hmmmmmmm!
We stopped at a soccer specialty store in Isaquah WA on our way home from Spring Breaking.
FOUND THE CUTEST SOCKS EVER for Jacy's soccer season. Also found jacy her soccer backpack that we had been looking all over, every store, online, for! WHEW!!
Happy B-day!
The cake - yes, a little sloppy - but made with love!
Kelcey made Jacy a sweet 17 pizza !
THANK YOU KELCEY!

Finally got the shells washed from our trip - We have been collecting shells from all over for years and years. I have jars & jars of shells. That is the fav. part of our vacations to the ocean.
SHELLS!
One small photo from the trip - a Redwood tree.
Trevor's souvenir
He loves his tree!
Trevor had his Spring Concert today at the school. Kelcey & I went (steve was in mtgs & couldn't get away).
Trevor did such a great job!
The Theme was rock & roll!
I asked Trevor this morning if he knew all of the songs & he said
"maybe!" I am sure he faked some of them - he is, after all, related to his dad!!
It is supposed to be a Beautiful WARM sunny weekend, enjoy!

YW is as crazy as ever! We had baseball game, YW, scouts & Steve had to show the Priests class around Wal Mart & then another mtg with the stake leaders till 10 p.m. all in one night. For YW that night, we invited Jacy's hs soccer coach (who is also a sheriff & is on the swat team) to come & teach the girls about self defense. He wanted some green Jello - not a member, but his wife is a member. He did a GREAT job & then we fed him red jello with marshmellows!
I just don't buy green jello - do you buy green jello?
I do feel like green jello though!

4 comments:

Jill said...

Looks like some fun bday celebrations and Easter! Good luck to Kelcey at BYUI this semester. A great time to be there. I loved Ricks during the summer time many years ago!

Unknown said...

Wow! That is all I have to say with all of your posts, busy as ever!!! What are your plans next weekend? Let me know when you will be getting to Loren's so I can work it out!! Hopefully we will get to see you!! Happy birthday to all of you April birthdays!! Cya next weekend!!

Howard Jones said...

I think the cake looked yummy.
Good job Kelcey. Trevor you little devil you(noway)I think that was funny! Nice clothes Jacy! Trent, I'm glad you found your Easter basket. Looks like Steve found some candy somewhere.
Lisa, I use sugar-free green jello, Drain a can of pears and add juice as part of the water. Set, and top with whipped topping.
Good plus low calorie.Gj

Fiauna said...

Busy much? Wow.

I have never bought green jello. Not even for a recipe. I don't really understand the green jello thing, you know? ; )