October 4, 2008

Kelcey & Chris - Homecoming, Oct. 2008

Kelcey & Chris
Homecoming 2008
WOW - our sweet, beautiful Kelcey attended her senior year homecoming dance!
She looked so beautiful!
We LOVE you -
Not only for what
you have made of yourself
But for what you have made of us!

Here is the FROZEN boutonniere that was for Chris - Yes, I was mowing the grass & didn't notice Kelcey putting the flower in the FREEZER!! She is a little, okay a lot, airheaded! Funny!
What a cute couple!
Chris even brought the gold sunglasses.
If you will notice in the next picture the 110% concentration to get that boutonniere on Chris's shirt! Yes, I had to put the flower on Chris! Kelcey needs to practice putting a big monster pin through a flower stem!
CONCENTRATION!




What can I give you, child, against the intruding years? What will keep each moment bright to withstand all the tears?
I can give you laughter . . . It will not be enough. I can give you courage for when the road is rough.
I can give you words of faith for when the night is long. And for the songless moment, I can give you a song.
I can give you promise of guidance from above: And always, always, always, I can give you love.
Author Unknown

We love you so much!
With Love, Forever - Mom & Dad

Kelcey got her cd of homecoming pictures yesterday. The group pictures were on it. She had so much fun with this group of friends. They took over 200 pictures, grilled t-bone steaks and then they all piled into an RV and made their way to the dance. What a fun memory.

Steve's new toy!
Here is Steve's purchase that came to the house the other day!
He had to put it together.
Yup, it is a pit bike! Steve was so excited to order it online (he would check every day to see if it was here!) He acted just like I would have imagined him acting on Christmas morning when he was a young lad! He was out of town on business when the bike was delivered The cell phone was ringing all day - checking on me to make sure I would be home, making sure the bike wasn't damaged, etc. etc. And then after the bike was delivered, Steve got home from his business trip, Trevor finished basketball practice & dinner - Steve was finally able to open up the package - his new bike - then it took him nearly a week to put it together! It is running now & HE LOVES IT!!
Notice the very cool stickers! Oh - the love of a hobby! Nothing like it!

14 comments:

Howard Jones said...

Wow! what a cute girl...even your date has a matching shirt to go with your dress.
Hope you had a great time at homecoming.....Grandma Jones

Amy said...

Kelcey looks fabulous. Her dress is to die for. Where did you find it?? That poem at the end almost made me cry! YOu're the best mommy ever.

Jill said...

Kelcey you look beautiful! Love the dress, and theh color. Hope you had a fun night!!!

Jason and Heather said...

Kelcey- You look beautiful, I wish that I could be there! I can't wait until next year when you are in Logan and I can come and help you on these big days!! I hope that you had a good time and keep enjoying your senior year, it is the best!! We miss you guys and can't wait to see you all in a few weeks!! (love the frozen flower Kelcey)

Howard Jones said...

What is a pit bike?

Grandpa Jones

Jason and Heather said...

Yeah, what is a pit bike?

Jason

steve and lisa said...

A pit bike is a small race bike built for adults. They usually range from a 90cc-150cc motor. It's mostly for messing around on in the pits at the races or when you are out riding. They also have the pit bike nationals in spokane every year so we may have to give it a go. I'm hoping to race Trevor and Trent when we go riding so I can get them to go faster.
Steve

steve and lisa said...

Amy
We got Kelcey's dress in a beAUTIFUL hispanic store in the mall in Wenetchee! Funny - it looked so good on her, we couldn't pass it up! The sale clerks were so cute with her! Miss you & our shopping days on Wenetchee Weds.!!!!!! Hope you are loving Redmond - you will need to check out all of the very cool places to take us when we come in Jan. Love Lisa

melanie said...

Lisa, Kelcey looks gorgeous on Homecoming! I love her dress too! The frozen flower is hilarious and I can totally imagine Kat doing that in 10 years, ha!

What a sweet poem at the end. You are a fabulous mom!!

Aren't men boys that don't grow up when it comes to toys? You'll have to post video of him racing Trent and Trevor.

allredclan said...

Wow! She looks absolutely beautiful!!! It looks like she had a great time. I know those days with Morgan are not far off and I'm so not ready for them. Ready or not though, right?

Kathy said...

Kelcey looks gorgeous!! I love her dress. It sounds like they had a great time. Oh, the fun and free years of High School. Love Steve's bike.

Dustin and Tara said...

Lisa, I love Kelcey's dress. I would have loved a dress like that at one of my high school dances. Fun, I bet she had a great time with Chris!

Allie said...

Kelcey looks beautiful!! I love her dress! Her date looks fun. RV LOL how funny!!
(I cant believe she is a senior!)

steve and lisa said...

Gayla
Thanks for the pictures. They are very cute!
We are excited to see family. Talked with Melinda about names for Christmas & we picked up Howard & Chuck's Christmas presents. We plan on getting the rest while in SLC.
We also have Courtney's sweatshirt. We will bring everything to the lunch on Fri.
That is too bad about BYU :(
Planning on eating with Josh Wed. on our way through. Should be fun to see him. Have a great day! Love the Jones Fam.