October 27, 2008

Leah & Kelly, Oct. 25, 2008. N. Logan UT

Well, we made it to UT and back. What a fun but exhausting trip. We had dinner with Josh, Steve's cousin, in Coeur de Lain, ID - it was fun talking with him. Then we stopped in and visited my friend Deb in Ammon, ID. She was diagnosed with breast cancer and is knee deep in chemo. She looked amazing & so adorable in her hat! What an amazing woman with so much courage! We stayed & visited with her for a couple of hours. Her chemo is really knocking her down, but she is such a trooper! I MISS you so much Deb! Keep fighting - we will have that girls-only trip next summer!!! Love YOU!!!
We then made it to UT & what a whirlwind of activites going on. The wedding was beautiful! Leah looked so radiant & couldn't stop smiling! We are so proud of her! In the sealing room we were able to watch Leah & Kelly hug all the relatives - so beautiful! Lots of tears! What an adorable couple! I took loads of pictures & will be posting the slide show soon! All the cousins got to hang out & just have fun! We had a blast on our trip & I cannot wait to hang out some more with fam. this weekend in St. George! Heather, save some room for my luggage! I really don't think I can squeeze all my crap into a carry on!!! Cannot wait to give Jessa, Kayci & Kynlee a huge hug! And No! I am not driving so Jason can watch movies with the kids! I am going to hang with the gals & color, draw & watch cartoons the whole trip!! Love the Jones Fam.
We stayed with our fun, cute friends, Brady, Melissa & Xerika! Here is Steve on Brady's motorcycle! Brady did an amazing job on it! It looked so cool!

The kids at Brady & Melissa's house, they are holding adorable Xerika! She is so dang CUTE!!! Growing up fast & smiles all the time! What a cutie pie!! Brady & Melissa, thanks for taking such good care of us! We love you & miss you guys like crazy!!!
The fam. played rock band & almost broke Brady's record! ALMOST!!
Steve scared the poop out of Xerika! He was making funny faces at her & she started to cry her head off - she is so cute! After her major scare - she was checking the room every two seconds to see where the scary man was! I keep warning people about Steve - but Xerika was too young to heed my warnings!! We also went to Outback - It was so much fun just hanging with Brady & Melissa - laughing & realizing how much we miss them! Thanks guys!!!
We met Steve's parents at Maddox - YUM, YUM!!! We had our own dining room & Howard treated us! Thanks Grandma & Grandpa for the yummy lunch! Hope all the presents made it home safe!
I left the camera with the kids in the waiting room at the temple! Told them to take some pictures - and they did! Over 100 pictures! Here are some of the crazy pictures they took! They all have so much fun together!
We left very early on Sat. morning to go get our cute nephew Rhy! His parents are out of town (good luck with your Irish dance fesh in Portland, Terena & girls! - We know you will be amazing!) After picking up Rhy we found out he and Alek had stayed up all night playing halo! What a nutcase! The girls said he laid on the couch & fell asleep in a second & then he drooled all over the couch in the temple! How funny!
Here are some more cute pictures of the kids at the temple! They were having a blast with the camera - hope they were reverent!
We decided that Kayci & Jacy make the same crazy faces! What a bunch of knuckle-heads!

I dragged Steve & the kids all over Tai Pan! Got a lot of Christmas shopping done - so I don't have to mail them! Also got presents for Steve's asst. mgrs., & picked out some adorable lanterns to hang from our front porch for the holiday seasons! So - after stopping at Tai Pan, we also had to stop at Vesco's in Brigham City & pick up some motorcycle boots for Trevor, new riding gear for Steve & Trent, another jersey. If I can drag Steve all over Tai Pan - he has to drag me all over Vesco's!!
Here is Payton with his SWEET camera! He takes amazing pictures - cannot wait to see what pictures he shot this weekend!
Leah with her cutie-pie sister, Madelyn. Madelyn was soooo cute & SAD!! I heard that when Leah came home to tell the fam. she was engaged - Madelyn wouldn't speak to her for a week! Too cute!
Beautiful Leah!
Leah is giving cute Kynlee a hug! All the grandkids gave Leah hugs - it was so cute!
Here is the Bruce family. It was a perfect, beautiful day for a wedding!
Leah & Kelly
The group that came from our side of the fam.

Leah's adorable cake!
This game is Duff! After this game we all played soccer - girls against boys! Just guess who won!
The object of this game is to NOT get hit in the behind by the soccer ball! There were lots of targets to shoot at!!!
It was so much fun seeing Mel (my cousin), John & Blair!
You guys are awesome! Miss you so much! Blair is an Aggie now & we are so proud of her!

Leah is the first grandchild to get married on my parents side of the fam. There are 31 grandchildren left! WOW!!! Let us all hope & pray Kelcey is not NEXT!!!
Thanks everyone - for the meals, games, talks till really LATE!, etc. etc. etc. We miss everyone! Love the Jones Fam.

5 comments:

Howard Jones said...

We are happy for Leah. She had a beautiful wedding.
The best part for us was seeing Kelcey, Jacy, Trent & Trevor!! Oh yea..and Steve & Lisa. We went to the High Priests group part that night. That was fun. My 'butterscotch pecan dessert' was a hit. Tomorrow we are meeting our friends in Downey for lunch. They are leaving on another mission to Palmyra.
I'm working on reservations for Yellowstone...I'll let you know.
Gayla

Jill said...

Wow talk about a whirlwind trip!!!! Sounds like a crazy busy fun time. Your niece looks beautiful at her wedding, and what a beautiful dress. Love the sleeping on the waiting room couch at the temple story. So funny! I also find it so funny that Steve scared Xerika. Steve did the same thing to Molly last January out here. She never cried, but cried the minute Steve talked to her. I think it's his loud voice!!

Jason and Heather said...

Way to fast, busy and fun!! Cute pictures, I need you to put the Temple ones on a disc for me. That would be great! Can't wait to see you on Sat. I can't believe you are ready to jump in a car again after that long drive!! How was it on the way home? Was Trevor feeling better in the morn? See you Sat!!

Amy said...

Your trips to Utah are always just NUTSO. You really can cram in alot in a few short days. I'm so glad you got to see Deb. I'm jealous you got to go home. I'm not in the Moe Hole anymore, but I'm still not HOME! Miss and Love ya

melanie said...

What a fun, busy trip. I'm so glad you got to visit with Deb. She's amazing! Yum-Maddox. Jealous-Tai Pan. Awesome time with family and friends. Now if you're home for more than a couple days we'll have to plan a lunch!

I love your niece's cake. SO cool.