September 28, 2008

Soccer, Laundry, & motorcross. Sept. 2008

Wow - another week of nonstop action. With three soccer games, practices, homecoming dress fittings, scouts, YW, basketball, soccer dinners, back to school night, etc. I am so grateful for Sunday naps & a little down time before the madness begins again Mon. Steve & I finally made it to the Kennewick temple on Wed. It was a beautiful, perfect day. Just sitting in the temple, holding my husband's hand - nothing better. It restores my purpose as a mother & wife. And, I was able to drag Steve into Olive garden & the mall - got some shopping done, which also restores me! Hee hee LOVE IT!
Jacy's picture made it in the newspaper. Fri. Sept. 26th, 2008. It is fun to see the girls doing well this soccer season. One of the girls on Fri. brought over this picture of some of the team - and Jacy was right in the middle of the picture! Way to go girls! Keep winning!
Every time I get a little (okay a LOT) overwhelmed with everyday chores & life in general my cute mom sends me little pick-me-up notes, e-mails, blogger comments, cards, comic strips, etc. She always sends me exactly what I need to lift my spirits & pull me up! Thanks MOM! I loved her thank you card & comic strip that I got in the mail Fri.!
LAUNDRY - what would my life be without it!
Love you - MOM, your the best!
So, while thumbing through Steve's RacerX magazine we spotted the four of us - me, Steve, Trent & Trevor at the Washogul races! Cool!
I know you will have a hard time spotting us but the picture was spread over two pages! Cool!
If you look closely, you will see the two boys & I up close to the fence, above & to the right of the red four wheel vehicle. I am taking a picture & am wearing a teal sweatshirt. The boys are to my left. Steve is hidden behind me. Cool. First time in a national magazine - okay, it is a teeny, tiny picture of us - but who cares! We had a blast watching the races & it was a fun weekend! One of those weekends that makes you smile when you think back on it. Just look for the Nov. issue of RacerX, pgs. 36 & 37 - yup, that is us!
We topped off the insane week with a spaghetti feast. About 45 girls, coaches & a couple of moms came over to our house for a night of soccer, slideshows, eating, wii, playstation 2, & a movie. IT WAS INSANE! There were girls in every crack & crevice of the house. Hormones everywhere! Who knew that 45 girls could eat so much spaghetti, salad, & brownies & ice cream? WOW! They were all so cute & kept telling me "Thanks, Mrs. Jones for the yummy meal." It is still strange to be called Mrs. Jones so much - I am used to hearing Sis. Jones. Thanks Susan & Whitney's mom, Mrs. Sell for helping me cook a TON of sauce & spaghetti! Don't make me do that ever again!!!
Jessica, Nicole, Kodi, Sydney, Ashley, Becca, Kalie & Amanda in front.
Amanda, Britney, Jasmine, Whitney & Ang in the playstation room.
Jasmine smeared everyone in guitar hero. No one wanted to challenge her!
Rachel helped microwave a box & 1/2 of popcorn for all the girls! Whew - they sure know how to party & eat!!
We are excited to see everyone in a about three weeks. Have a wonderful week & know that we miss you. Love the Jones Family

4 comments:

The Lunds said...

Oh how fun. I think I would go nuts with that many people in my house. You are such a fun soccer mom. How cool that you made it into a magazine. I am still waiting on that one. Geese, what do ya gotta do to get in there! Probably not be fat and prego. J/K.

Jill said...

So fun that y'all are in the magazine. Bet they boys think that's awesome!!! Look at all those girls in your house. Yes, that's crazy, but probably so much fun. Glad you and Steve were able to attend the Temple, and make a nice day of it.

Howard Jones said...

Looks like more activity is going on at the Jones house.FUN FUN!!
The primary programs were great in Utah. Sydnee gave a beautiful talk.I got a couple of family pictures while everyone was in their Sunday clothes. I'll put them on the blog.
We are having dinner and listen to conference here, this Sunday.
Gayla

Jason and Heather said...

Hey Lisa, I wish you would do something once in a while! I swear all you do is sit around!! JK Sounds like life as it always is. AI love that the girls are doing so good in soccer this year. How is Jacy doing?