Jacy - she is the toughest nut I know. When she was eight she had surgery at Primary's med. cntr for bladder reflux (I don't know the medical term). Leading up to her eighth year, Jacy would have to go get yearly x-rays to make sure her kidneys weren't getting to damaged with the urine in her kidneys - a catheter in a toddler is NOT fun!. All of her dr.'s we would take her to would tell us that she would grow out of the reflux. But, eventually she would have such horrible kidney & bladder infections that we finally gave up - took her to a specialist & that Dr. got her into surgery. It was such a stressful, painful time for her. (I still have nightmares about Jacy's fever's that wouldn't come down - she had to get four shots in her legs to get her fever down, the mom in the waiting room - waiting for her son (he was three) to come out of brain surgery, the baby next to Jacy's room that had RSV & stopped breathing three times during the night, holding Jacy's IV in her arm - it kept coming out, - while the nurses rushed next door to save the baby that stopped breathing! That was the closest I ever came to fainting - watching blood drip down your daughters hand & I couldn't do anything about it. Oh boy!)
Well, she never complains when she is hurt, sick, etc. She is such a trooper! But, she is worn down again. The Dr. on Fri. gave her a couple of prescriptions & in another week we take her in for some more blood tests & in Nov. take her to a specialist. We are keeping our fingers crossed that she just has a bladder infection, not kidney's or anything else. Pray for Jacy.
She just got asked to homecoming & had to tell the boy no - she cannot date until she is 16. She is so much fun to be with & always makes us smile & laugh! Her friends adore her! She is driving now (which scares me spitless!) & cannot wait to get her license. We love you so much Jacy! Please get feeling better! And, tell me when it hurts - don't be so tough! Love Mom & Dad
8 comments:
Oh Lisa, I'm so sorry. That's just one more huge stress that you don't need. Having to watch your kids go through surgery is the all time worst experience EVER! She will be in our prayers. Let me know what you find out. Hope everything is going well.
FYI-tomorrow is Wen. Wed. miss you
Ahh man. What a pain. Poor Jacy. I can't believe what some kids have to go through at such a young age. Good luck with surgery. She sounds like a tough cookie!
Jacy will be in our thoughts and prayers. I remember you telling about how scared you were years ago, now having to worry again is no fun. Hope all will be OK. Can't believe she's driving. Do she and Kelcey fight over the car? Did they get Steve's truck or something new? Get feeling better Jacy!
Lisa, I am sorry to hear that Jacy is not feeling good. That stinker, how long has she been just toughing it out? We will be thinking about her and know that she will be in our prayers. I will call you soon.
Finally, I'm catching up!! Poor Jacy! But the second child is usually a tough one and she fits that mold for sure. I'll be thinking of you guys.
Gayla
Have fun at Primary Programs this weekend. We will firm up UT plans & lunch or dinner in Logan on Sat. would probably work best for us. Just have to figure out times of wedding, wedding breakfast & reception. Tell Syd to get better fast! Drive safe! Love the Jones Fam.
Get feeling better Jacy!! You definitely are one tough girl. Best of luck with all of your upcoming tests. I am so proud that Jacy is waiting till she is 16 to date. I know how hard that is! Especially when you get asked to dances. Please tell her how proud I am of her. She's a great girl and we'll pray for her.
I had no idea that Jacy had had such a horrible history with all that stuff. What a difficult thing for both her and you and Steve as parents. And congratulations to her for having the integrity for turning down a Homecoming date! That is not an easy thing to do, but says much about her and YOU! =) Way to go! Best of luck in this. My thoughts are with you.
Post a Comment