August 7, 2008

Trip to UT, July & Aug. 2008 Jessa's Baptism

I am EXHAUSTED!!! Life will never slow down! The boys & I got back from UT & now I need a vacation from our vacation! We tried to catch up on laundry & then crashed at the pool yesterday! It was over 100 degrees & very humid!
Steve & I attended another funeral today. Steve's old home teaching companion lost his two month old grandchild. The baby's grandmother used to work in Steve's store. It was so sad!
I also found out that my dear friend has stage II breast cancer. We are praying for her & her family during this hard time. We miss you & love you! Cannot wait to see you in Oct.

The boys & I had such a wonderful time in UT! Time is flying by & it was so neat to have everyone on the Lund side come to Jessa's baptism! Also, a super fun time spent with the Jones family. Here are a few pictures from the UT trip! We miss you all!

We stayed at our old neighbors & dear friends, Brady & Melissa house & met their new daughter Xerika! She is sooooo adorable! Of course we had a blast talking & talking & talking deep into the night! Checked out Brady's new pit bike, ate at Boston's, rode on the golf cart & went shopping! The boys were able to play with Miles, Hayden, & Max! Loved every minute spent with our friends. We miss them so much! Love you guys! Thanks for everything & the neat presents! Still cannot believe you saw & talked with Tori Spelling & her husband in Las Vegas!!! You are way to cool now! We will call when we come in Oct. Love You Guys!!
My sister, Janelle drove up from St. George for the weekend & what a blast we had. Talked till late into the night, watched Heather play soccer (Janelle suited up & snuck onto the team!). Swam, ate yummy food, watched old home movies at Aaron's house, laughed till we couldn't laugh any more! What a wonderful time visiting with family!
Here is a picture of my two sisters! I feel they could kick my bum in any sport - but it made me feel better the next day when Janelle couldn't move! I still can compete with them (just not in soccer! Okay - and racing across the pool!) Way-to-go Heather for getting a yellow card! We are proud of you!!
Even though we have a ten year age difference, they are my best buds! You guys are amazing!!
Our niece, Jessa - Heather & Jason's daughter, was baptized on Sat. What a neat day for her. She looked beautiful & was so happy to be baptized by her dad. What a fun day for her.
Here is a picture of everyone that came to Jessa's baptism on the Lund side! We had a dinner afterward at Heather's house & it was fun catching up with everyone.
I was able to get the three adorable kids that are getting baptized this year in a picture. Here is Trevor, Jessa & Tanner! They are so cute! I posted about them earlier. Jessa is eight days older then Trevor & Tanner was born in Oct. What cute cousins!
Rhy had to go back into the hospital on Sat. so Heather & I went to Primary Childrens Medical Cntr - brought Kurt & Terena breakfast & visited with Rhy. He was feeling a little better that day, he had to get some tubes put in him to drain fluid out of his abdominal cavity on Sat. Poor Rhy - he is on the mend & we are so grateful he is doing better. We love you Rhy! And miss you guys so much!!!
Went to Jacob's 14th birthday party! Happy Birthday Jacob! Of course James was a nut & will always be a nut! Hope you & Jacob, Chuck & Brady are having a blast at scout camp in the freezing cold Unitah's!!!
We took Gayla out to lunch - HAPPY Birthday GAYLA!!! Her birthday is this Sun. Hope you have a wonderful birthday & thanks for taking the boys school shopping & the yummy Robintino's meal! Hope you liked your present! Mimi's cafe was so yummy!
Trent & Trevor had a blast with their cousins at Melinda's house! It was so much fun watching the boys just hang out with everyone! They usually are hanging on me - it was nice to see them giggling, teasing & playing with everyone! Melinda - your house is adorable!
We went to Robintino's (Steve's fav. restaurant!). Of course it was yummy! I lost my cell phone cover there again!! I was so frustrated - I lost my cell phone case at Robintino's in Feb. when I flew to UT!!! Ughhh! That is twice - Steve is not happy with me & I am turning into a space cadet!!
Trevor just loads his garlic bread with par. cheese! We love & miss Robintino's!
Trevor & Kynlee! She is adorable! She kept giving Trevor & Trent hugs & kisses! Trevor was so funny! He would love her right back! What a cutie pie! We miss you guys already so much! We are excited to see you, Heather in a couple of weeks!
We also watched Jason play in a soccer tournament! He did great - but we could tell his back was bothering him. Jason, you had better take a break from soccer, tennis, golf, skiing, water boarding, etc. etc. etc. Your body is trying to tell you something!!! It is saying - spend more time babysitting so Heather can play soccer, tennis, golf, ski, etc. etc. Hee, hee!
We had a blast in Utah & crammed everything into one fun-filled exhausting week! We miss everyone & it was so much fun to just catch up on everyone's lives!
Thanks to Brady & Melissa for letting us stay at their home & feeding us. Also, a big thanks to Heather, Jason & kids for taking such good care of us & making us feel so welcome in your homes! We love you all & miss you!
Love the Jones fam.

8 comments:

Jill said...

Sounds like a great trip to Utah. Looks like fun times with everyone. Your sisters look darling as always! I'll have to call Melissa about meeting Tori Spelling. I love her from 90210 and her new show. Loved seeing your slide show. Fun you get to go back in Oct. Kenz and Madi sure wish we could all be in Utah just once at the same time so they could see Trent and Trevor.

melanie said...

OH MY you were one busy woman on vacation. I guess this wasn't a sit back and relax kind of vacation. They never are when the kids are in tow. Looks like you had a great time. I love getting together with that much family, so fun. Cute picture of Trevor with the blond little girl. Hope your nephew is doing better. It was great talking to you today.

Amy said...

Holy Crappers Lisa. You couldn't cram one more thing into that vacation. Looks like you did it all. I'm so glad that you got to get outta here. Oregon was a blast, but it sure reminds you what you're missing. We're headed to Seattle tomorrow. Long story, maybe moving! I'll call you tomorrow

Jason and Heather said...

Lisa, you got a ton of super cute pictures!! Kynlee keeps wanting me to go and get Trevor, she had a ton of fun with all of you. We can't wait until Oct. when everyone is coming! Thanks for the fun times. Talked to Janelle and she is looking into flying up with me in Sept, it would be a blast!! Talk to you soon! Love, Heather

allredclan said...

Lisa, I think I need a vacation from reading about your vacation! =) It made me tired thinking about doing all that and running everywhere! =) You guys really packed in everything you could, and I think that's great! Your kids look great, and I love that picture of Trevor and Kynlee. =) I'm glad you got to come and hang out! Now back to real life, summer ending, school starting, and Halloween costumes to plan... ;)

Susan said...

It was so great to see you! Max had a great time with the boys. He wants to email Trent, and I cannot remember it . . .

Allie said...

I'm tired reading about your vacation! I can understand the need for another!
It looks like you had a great time!

steve and lisa said...

Susan
Our e-mail is kjttjones@msn.com. I am sure Trent would love to e-mail Max. He misses hanging out with him. Lisa