August 25, 2008

Spokane Supercross race & school shopping. Aug. 2008

Well, we had a wonderful weekend! Not very relaxing but a super fun time for everyone - went to the evening motocross race in Spokane & finished school shopping. Thank you G&G Jones for the money for the girls - they got it in the mail on Fri. right before we left & were so excited!
You guys are the best! It was so nice to get away & just hang at the races. The weather was so nice. Steve & Trent practiced Fri. night & then raced Sat. night. They LOVED it! The girls were able to shopped-till-they-dropped at the mall & spent some of their money from work.
We are back to painting, soccer practice, & school is starting up. Also received a new calling at church - YW pres. A little overwhelmed AGAIN but that is nothing new! I am excited to spend Kelcey's last year in YW with her & also be with Jacy. We have so much fun hanging out - should be a fun - but, exhausting calling!
Steve's picture made it in the local newspaper. The reporter was quoting everything Steve said - we were laughing because of what she didn't quote! Whew! At the end of Steve's speech he couldn't remember Wal Mart's slogan "Save money, live better". He told everyone to give him just a minute & he would remember it (yes, his boss was there!) He finally remembered the slogan!
Jacy is Steve's #1 helper. Here she is cleaning his helmet & goggles. She loves helping her dad get ready for the races. The two boys & Jacy would walk over to the starting gate with their dad & pack down the dirt in front of the gate. They would hold up his motorcycle while he adjusted the bike. Jacy also got two other riders to give her good luck hugs! She had a huge grin on her face after Steve's race got under way. She told me that one of the boys that hugged her had beautiful eyes! What a flirt!
Trent was very nervous again to race! While in line to pay to race - Steve said that the track was running the other way. From the back seat of the car we hear - "What, WHAT!!!!" from Trent. He had to go to the bathroom about 15 times before his first moto! He is getting faster & by the end of the night during his second moto he jumped off a jump and landed on a tabletop! Way to go Trent! We are so proud of you!
Trevor didn't race on Sat. He has crashed twice on his bicycle & both of his knees and elbow are covered with bruises & sores. He is a little crazy & we told him that he was too sore to race! Next year Trevor will be in more races - and he cannot wait! - I can wait!
Kelcey & her boyfriend have been spelling love with their hands & then holding hands to create a heart shadow - she has been teased by us all about that one! Here she is trying to spell love again & Jacy & Trevor making fun of her!
It was a beautiful day in Spokane & Trent had a blast racing. He got fourth in his beginner class. At the end of the night Trent wanted to race again - we all said NO! Time to go rest at the hotel!
Here is Jacy in my birthday present! The kids love this chair & always fall asleep in it - she is resting so she can flirt with the riders later!
Steve did amazing. During the first moto he came out of the gate first & then the last lap was passed twice by guys that were in his group, but not in his class. So he finished the night 1st! Good job - and he didn't get any charlie horses that evening after racing!
Trent coming out of the starting gate - he is #85.
It is so much fun watching the kids cheer on their dad! We were all nervous for him - he was first for most laps & then his old-man out-of-shape would kick in during the last two laps! He wants to go exercise more but is too busy at work - yup!
Steve raced motorcycles all during his teenage years right up until he left on his mission. He then raced again after we were married. We have moved a lot & the box of trophies was getting thrashed!
YES - I got rid of his trophies from those years of racing and Steve will never, ever let me forget that I got rid of his trophies! So - here is a picture of Steve's first place trophy, and it is going into the china cabinet! And, NO I will not be throwing his plaques & trophies away any time soon!
We have only been school shopping twice this year - once in UT & this day! As you can see from Steve's diet pepsi he was happier at the races!
We are always so tired after the races - but the boys cannot wait to get into the hotel pool - Steve & I just sit in the hot tub & try to stay awake!
All they do is get out - jump in, get out - jump in! They love it!
We went to the Cabela store in Post Falls, ID! It is HUGE!
Here we are at Cabela's - what a great store! The kids loved all the animals, fish, shooting gallery, etc. Good thing Steve doesn't hunt as much as he used too!!
I am so excited to ge back on a schedule! Yipee! Also, excited to see everyone next week. Drive safe! Should be a fun weekend for Trevor!
We are saddened with the news of Chuck's mom passing away. Know that we are thinking of the family & pray for him during this difficult week. Love the Jones family

8 comments:

Jill said...

YW Pres!!! WOW! You will be super busy. Should be fun for you to be in there with the girls! Looks like a super fun weekend for the family.

Jason and Heather said...

Leave it to you guys to pack every minute of a getaway with something. You should come back from some vac. rested not exhausted!! Looks like you had a great time and the girls did too! I always loved school shopping! Oh wait I still do and it is for my girls not me! I am glad that everyone did well at the races and that nobody crashed! (Whhew!) YW pres!!! You are going to love it, that is such a fun time in your girls lives and you get to be a part of it! I always loved my leaders and had so many good experiences in YW! Enjoy it before your boys get older and they put you in more scouts?!? Much rather YW! I am looking forward to my visit, watching the girls play soccer, Trevors Baptism and just hanging out!

Amy said...

once again you had a jam packed weekend. Way to go on that first place Steve! Is Trent nervous for school tomorrow??? The movers got us all packed up today, and we're outta here in the morning. Thanks again for being there for me, when the corner was lookin' pretty good. Can't wait to do some shoppin' outta the moe hole with ya. Get me your address, and I'll do the same. Talk to you soon

melanie said...

You definitely know how to pack a weekend full of good times! I would be a nervous wreck with all that racing, you'll have to give me pointers when my boys get older. I think I'd need a blindfold!

Your house looks wonderful! So exciting to get ready for family. Hang in there, only 1 more day to go and we are on the school schedule. I can't wait, I need routine!!!

melanie said...

Oh and you'll be great in YW. SO fun for your girls!

The Lunds said...

Wow you guys look busy. I didn't know that Steve and your boys raced. That is awesome. Tell them congratulations. I always loved school shopping. I still love shopping but unfortunately, Brian only pretended to like shopping until we got hitched. Then it was all over. Hayden's not a big shopper either. I need a daughter sometime soon! I think you will be an incredible YW president. Good luck!

allredclan said...

I'm a little embarrassed to admit this, but I had no idea that your boys raced and win too!!! How incredibly fun to watch Steve! Congratulations to him on 1st!!! And best wishes to you as YW Pres. What a pack of lucky girls! =)

Melissa and Brady said...

You guys CRACK me up. . .Never a dull moment with the JONES family. We MISS YOU SO MUCH.

Looks like way to much fun. Lisa you will be amazing in YM. Congrats Steve with finishing the store. And I hope the kids love school. Can you guys take me shopping when you go?

Love you TONS.

Hugs and Kiss from Utah,
Melissa