February 20, 2011

More BB tourney's and Living Legends

Cute, Trevor ever!
The other day Trevor arrived home from school with this Hastings gift card and certificate. He proceeded to tell me how his bus driver gave it to him. The Great Bus Conduct Award. SO CUTE! His bus driver recognized Trevor has a kid that is GOOD on the bus! So CUTE!
FINALLY got this shelf up in Trevor's room. THank you Steve! It looks so good with Trevor's build a bear animals on it!
Steve also finished this snowboard shelf. We found this snowboard in Wenatchee at Good Will. I couldn't pass it up. We had some extra brackets from Ikea. LOVE it!
Trent's shelf out of old skateboards
Nerf gun fights AGAIN!
WOW ! I am exhausted. Trevor played in six games this weekend with his basketball team. They finished second and only lost the championship game by 4 points to a select team from Seattle. Steve was working on Saturday, so I just ran the boys to all of his games, plus went to a fantastic hockey game, the Wenatchee Wild team. There were fights, fireworks, great hockey and the Wild team won. I drove home and then had to get the bulletin done for church the next day at midnight. Got up at 6 a.m. for a round of another games the next day. Then crashed last night at 8 p.m. I was soooo tired. It was blast. So thankful for a holiday to catch up laundry, dishes, dusting, vacuuming. Everyone helped with the chores and now Steve is out in the garage teaching Jacy how to change the oil in her Honda. So, I have a breather & then we are off again. Steve is taking the kids golfing.
Jacy starts up golf on Monday. She has been working, working, working - hit 27 hours last week. She has all of her credits to graduate so she is taking seminary, culinary, graphics and is a TA for her golf teacher - when golf starts she will be out golfing instead of TAing (which means she is in the library - getting her resume updated, applying for school, getting the sweatshirt designed (she is the captain of the golf team) for the golf team, and etc.) She got accepted in Utah State University and in SIX MONTHS we will be taking a trip (via Jackson Hole!) and we will be dropping Jacy off at USU! She is so excited - and has been looking into on-campus housing. I am sad :( and happy :) for her. She will have a blast. Kelcey is looking into transferring to USU, but might finish up her last semester at BYUI to get her Associate degree. She is still deciding what to do.

I cannot believe it is the middle of Feb. already. Baseball starts up the middle of March & Trevor has one more basketball tournament. This weekend's tournament was so much fun. The boys have turned into little professional basketball players. The coach even got teary eyed while handing out their medals. Such a great coach! Thanks Shawn! Such dedication to the boys. We cannot say thanks enough - for being such a great coach to the boys.
Two weeks again I took the boys to the BYU Living Legends show at the high school. It was so ADORABLE. The boys loved it. We are so blessed to get such talented shows here in Moses Lake. The BYU students were so adorable! And their show was ADORABLE!
Next weekend we are off to practice for the big motocross race in Richland on Trent's birthday weekend. Josh and Katie will be coming down for the weekend. Trent is getting so excited for the races. Usually over 650 racers are there and it is such madness watching the races.
Kelcey was in St. George over the weekend having a super fun time with my sisters! I am Jealous - especially when my sister texts me pictures of my niece and she is bonding with the nieces. Makes me jealous! I miss them all! Kelcey also is having a blast in Logan, dating & working at a really fun job.

I am SO BLESSED to have such great kids! They are all loving life and living life to it's fullest! I recently read a blog - she was sick of reading blogs about miss perfect mom with her perfect kids - and well! Life dishes out so many ups and downs - I try to stay focused on the positive stuff in my blog. Yes, life is HARD!!! Yes, life sometimes throws things at me that DISCOURage ME and make me cry and sob! But, this blog is a positive journey! I want to look back on it and remember the wonderful experiences that happened in our lives. When I look at pictures of the kids and the fun times we had - I remember the hard times also. It helps me realize how BLESSED I am. It helps me stay focused on all of the GOOD in my life! How truly spoiled I am! This is my scrapbooked life! And I LOVE my life!
Can you believe how tall this 5th grader is? Trevor is a little hustler and the coach LOVES Trevor ever!
GO Lakers!
I KNOW Trevor will always remember this team and how much fun he has had participating.
Have a fantastic WEEK! The countdown is on for Spring Break - a farmer's market in San Francisco, tulips in Oregon, the beautiful coastline. Really need a vacation !!!!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Congrats to all the kids, especially Jacy going to USU! How wonderful for her! They are all doing great things! Hope Trent has a Fantastic Birthday! WOW...FOURTEEN!