What you cannot see in the above picture is the three boys outside working on their track. They all have shovels and Steve is just being a daddy. Hanging with the boys and teaching them all about hard work and dedication. Yup. Love it.
Today at work was so interesting. It has been a struggle for me, because I have to be the mean person some days and I DON'T LIKE IT. Sent a boy to the hall because he wasn't following along while reading and was just plain old messing around. Took a phone away from a girl the other day and she was so MAD at me. She lied to me (about 15 times) stating she wasn't texting and didn't have her phone out. DUH! So, I don't like being mean! But, today was just hilarious! While reading a fantastic book in groups - the book has a lot of Spanish words in it and it was my turn to read and I was "ATTEMPTING" to read some Spanish words (because it is taking place in the Dominican Republic) and Jose called me a "Straight-up white girl!" HA!! I felt like The main character on "Raising Hope" (on Fox TV), our New ALL TIME FAVORITE SHOW (reminds us of living in the Mole Hole!) when the two Hispanic women have the white boy come over to talk "Spanish" with them, then they roll around in their seats while laughing at his Spanish. Well, in the next sentence of the book we were reading today, it stated that a character in the book was a "S.O.B.". Good old smarty-pants, Jose did not have a clue what a "S.O.B." was. Probably because he is SPANISH and most all the kids do is swear now, they don't abbreviate at all. Let me tell you - I know what a "SOB" is Mr. Jose! I might be a "straight-up white girl", but at least I know the definition of a few other things! HA!
Well, we we are off to Trent's Court of Honor tonight for scouts. He is getting loads of awards - we are so darn proud of him. Some days I am SO EXHAUSTED from work and then EVERY single night of the week is basketball, more basketball. (church basketball - Trent's team is in the playoffs and smeared a really good team last night! Wahoo! It is single elimation - and they are doing so great!) Well, at least there weren't any T's and fights last night! Like - there were at Steve's Elder Quorum games! Poor Bro. Smith had to step between some Elders the other day to break up a fight!) After the game last night, we sat through an introduction to seminary at the high school. The school counselors giving direction for scheduling conflicts with the 9th grade schedules and seminary. I CANNOT believe Trent will be in high school next Fall! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! After the meeting Trent and I were talking with the counselor about Trent's math (he is currently in an advanced math class!) Bro. Welty (or as the counselor at the high school likes to call him - Pastor Welty) chased us down to ask about Trent. He was going on and on about the most fantastic older sister's that Trent has and how he cannot believe what great girls - Jacy and Kelcey were in seminary! And, he was so excited to get be able to teach Trent next year. The girls have lOVED seminary and the influence it has had in their lives. Good old Bro. (pastor) Welty. We admire and respect these teachers that dedicate their lives to the spiritual upbringing of our kids! THANKS Bro. Welty for making my week just a little bit better!
Just found the most fantastic apps for my phone. There are three of them. One is a fake phone call app - so funny! You can schedule a totally fake phone call at any time and it calls your phone (no charges) and then starts talking! So funny! Another great app is the app that finds your car in a huge parking lot for me! Perfect!
And the last one I just found is an app for the theater - if you need to go to the bathroom during a movie, this app tells you the best time to leave the movie. HA! Love it!
Have a gREAT week!
No comments:
Post a Comment