April 30, 2012

One sore hip

Another crazy weekend come and gone. Yard work, baseball parade, opening ceremonies for baseball, a baseball game, and then golf. Somehow during the craziness- I twisted my hip and and it hurt like the dickens. I took today and yesterday off and just rested and rested some more. It scared the crap out of me because I'm usually all over the place, walking ( found twenty five dollars on my last walk) and just plain running here and there without any worries. My older brother had hip surgery when he was a teenager and it was not pretty. I was hobbling all over the place and it also was not pretty. I have been sleeping and sleeping like crazy and am starting to feel better. It is nuts when your body literally tells you to slow down. Steve was working in the yard all day today and I was very jealous. I love yard work. We just threw away some potatoes from last fall and I cannot wait to get the garden planted. We also will be painting the fence again and the front, back and upstairs decks ASAP. If the weather cooperates. Steve hung up my new Ikea light in the play station room! Looks fantastic! Trent got another cute chief recognition and he also applied for honor society. He is already on the math honor society and will start his job in a couple of weeks. The summer break is fast approaching. Excited for a fun summer break. We pick up jacy this sat - cannot wait to see the girls! Now, I am off to trevors baseball practice, a home depot run and Steve is at golf with Trent. Hopefully the hip will hold without any breakdowns. Wish me luck. I feel old. :). Oh and I'd love any straightening hair product suggestions. It takes me an hour and a half to straighten my curly Afro hair! Lol !

No comments: