April 9, 2009

Aloha & then back to reality!

Here are just a few more pictures from our trip. Now that we are home again - work, church, scouts, baseball, soccer, golf, etc. etc. - we are all DEPRESSED!! We didn't get any hotel shots, just the one below where I am taking a picture of the kids with the hotel in the background. It was a beautiful hotel - the sand was perfect! What great memories!

The first shot is looking out from the hotel lobby, pool & then the ocean. It was a stunning view. These sail boats were just offshore from the hotel. The kids on the way to Hana -
The kids on the ride back to the hotel after Hana! Yes, Owen does sleep!
We just couldn't get enough pictures of the trees & flowers. So unique.

Another pose from the kids. They love to pose!

Happy B-Day Steve! Gayla - the kids & Steve got their cards & b-day money. THANK YOU!
We flew into the main island & then took this plane to Maui. It was SO MUCH fun. We watched them load our luggage onto the plane! Whew!
My luggage is the red bag! Jacy's new luggage is on the BOTTOM of the pile!
The girls on the plane. Trevor was getting a little sick so he watched his movie - Nacho Libre the whole flight to Maui. Yes, I had to take another motion sickness pill. It was like riding a roller coaster.
What a fun restaurant! Heather & Jason told us about it. The whole group went there - we were exhausted because the kids voted to go to the beach first and then eat - so we didn't eat dinner until 9 p.m. which was midnight Wash. time!

Another fun restaurant.

James pulling Owen around on the beach. He has way to much energy! Cannot wait to hang out in Yellowstone with the crazy Wilson family!!! PPO!! PPO!!!
Proof that Jacy & Kelcey boogie boarded. They got a little too far out - I had to yell at them. Broken neck syndrome - Steve's fault!
Kelcey

Jacy - their grins said it all!
Trying to go through all the pictures from the trip. I sent the underwater camera's to be developed the day after we got home. Should be getting those back soon. We are just posting our favorites & am now working on a book to be published from the last year of the blog. I am really excited to get it done. Our prayers our with David!! Love ya! The Jones Family

4 comments:

Jill said...

Coming back from the high of a trip stinks. It is depressing getting back into the swing of normal life. I love all the pictures. So glad you all had a wonderful time.
What website are you using to make your blog book? Just wondering because I really want to do that with mine but not sure where to start.

Jill said...

By the way, do they have any larger planes that go from Honolulu to Maui? I don't think I could bring myself to get on a propeller plane. Would scare the snot out of me!!!!

steve and lisa said...

Jill - the larger planes come into Maui at a different airport. We just picked Island Air for the kids, didn't want to travel too much after landing. We landed and we were at our hotel within five minutes of the airport. Lots of fun. The kids were so excited to go on the smaller plane. While waiting to leave we just sat at the airport and watched a bunch of whales jumping out of the water. Fun!
I have downloaded Blurb.com to start the book. My friend got hers done, but they keep changing their minds about downloading from blogger. I have also gotten into the 12x12 photoshop scrapbooking. Loads of fun.

Howard Jones said...

Glad everyone got their birthday cards. David bought a bed for us to put in his other downstairs bedroom. We went to the temple in Logan today and bought bedding at TJMaxx. Loved the pictures.