Tonight is the girls YW in Excellence. Shoot for the Stars!
Kelcey & Jacy have written over 25 poems about each of the girls in our ward. Kelcey will be reading the poems & then one of the parents of the YW will come up & share what is unique about their daughter. The poems are adorable and Kelcey & Jacy have done such an amazing job writting the poems.
The girls & I have have been painting, typing, cutting wood, etc. We will all be excited to have this night done!! Basketball, Scouts, drivers ed for Jacy & then YW in Excellence. Hopefully it will be a great night!
We just spotted gas at $1.89! WOW! Gotto love it!
WHEW! Here are some pictures from last night's Young Woman in Excellence. Kelcey & Jacy did an absolutely amazing job!!! They were so cute!
The theme was Shoot for the Stars! We had a big dipper on the wall with all the YW values as each of the stars on the big dipper. We dimmed the lights & had lamps on. Stars were hanging from the ceiling & display tables were set up with the YW projects they have been working on for the past year.
Yvette, Sis. Michie, Sis. Earl, Sis.Roylance and countless other wonderful sisters! - WOW, it is so nice having leaders that are such amazing people! Kelcey helped with set up & Jacy PASSED her final driver's ed. exam! Way-to-go JACY!!!! Jacy is an official driver now!! Watch OUT!
Kelcey and Jacy read their cute poems about each of the girls & then one of their parents came up & cried, laughed, remimisced, & told why Heavenly Father loves their daughters. It was so neat! The YW would just stand there, some would cry, others would giggle, some were embarrassed & then hugs! The program lasted about an hour and a half! But, it turned out so great! I am so proud of my daughters & all they have accomplished in their young lives (Just that morning Kelcey gave a Book of Mormon to a friend at school!). Kelcey crawled into bed with me yesterday morning & we talked about all the changes that will be coming into her life in the next year - she just registered for SAT's & is starting the application process for colleges! It was just yesterday I was finding her binky, pushing her around in the stroller, & she was learning to walk!
The best part of last night was watching our two girls read their poems they wrote about each other & listening to their dad share memories about them! There was so much LOVE! So cute!! Love you guys so much!!!! Thanks for being beautiful Daughters of God! Love Mom
Parks should read France - it was a fixed, printed & rushed out the door last night!
My life is so blessed!
6 comments:
Gayla
Sorry I didn't get your card done. Fun talking with you yesterday. Drive safe to Logan. Love Lisa
Wow your boys really are growing up fast. It is awesome that you have good coaches. We have had a few that didn't really give a darn. But hey, at least they were volunteering. I certainly wouldn't want to do it. hee hee
Horray for the gas prices.
They boys looks so grown up. Glad to hear they have great coaches. That makes all the difference. Hope your YW in Excellence went well. Kelcey and Jacy sure are great at always helping you out. Looks like you had 2 fun trips to Utah.
I'm glad Trent & Trevor like to play basketball. They are really growing up. Kelcey & Jacy were our first two grandchildren. They have grown up fast......Thanks for being parents who teach their children to choose the right. The
poems show a lot of creativity!!!!
They were very good and fun to read.
I got my Christmas photo cards done in Logan on Thursday.
GJ
I'm glad the boys had good coaches. That sure makes a difference. I love the poems the girls wrote. They really are two of the most amazing YW I've been around. You must be doing something right. Miss you
I can't believe how fast Trent is growing!! I am glad that they loved basketball and had good coaches, that makes a big difference in wanting to play the sport! Loved the poems, it makes me miss them sooo much they are so cute and funny! I am so proud of them and of what they are becoming, it is a crazy world out there and they are making it!! Great Job on the Mom thing!! Miss you all, have a great Thanksgiving!!
Post a Comment