November 26, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!


Happy Thanksgiving! Looks like last time I posted on here it was Halloween! WOW, this month has flown right by. We are as busy as ever! Both boys are in their basketball seasons, Jacy is knee deep in her AP classes & final soccer parties & banquets. The weather turned nasty last week with a snow day for the kids and then the next day it was -18 degrees with a wind chill of

-31 degrees. So thankful that there is NOT any humidity here. Also, so thankful my husband doesn't travel with his job. I am so grateful for all of his help during the crazy times in our lives. My brother, an engineer at ATK got laid off his job a couple of months ago (he was very high in the company). He called us the other day and said that he was offered a job (out of 1000 people) but he turned it down because he didn't want to travel (he has gone through a horrible divorce and gets the kids 50% of the time). His decision really made me think about the trials that my brother has gone through and continues to go through. I don't know if he will lose his house or what his future holds, but it reminded me again of all of the blessings in my life, work, kids and family! I am so blessed to have a husband that is such an intricate part of our lives! Love you naven r!

Steve is always helping with the laundry, dishes, cleaning, season decorations, running kids everywhere and also watching all of the games that the kids participate in. I LOVE that he is here and has such a bond with the kids and is so involved in their lives! I have been subbing for the school district for a couple of months now and i LOVE it! It has been hard to get back into the swing of working, but just figuring things out. Trevor will be in Junior High next year and we won't have any children in elementary school! So weird. We will also have only two kids in our home next Fall, so weird. But, exciting! I have been subbing at the high school in an English 180 class & i am so thankful my kids love to read! I also love being home before the kids even get home from school. Just perfect! Keeping me busy!

We have had a wonderful, wonderful Thanksgiving. It is sometimes hard living so far from family, but with Steve's job we sacrifice spending time with extended family during Thanksgiving and Christmas, but I wouldn't change it for anything. We have learned over the years to celebrate the holidays in our own special way. We have drawn closer as a unit and have our own very unique, fun, wonderful traditions! I am sure the kids will never forget our Thanksgiving dinners with just the six of us, the nerf fights, the board games (the funnest game - Ticket to Ride!), the laughter, working together to make yummy desserts and main dishes, sledding, orange Julius nights, movie nights, and on and on and on! Even though we don't spend the holidays with extended family, we are so grateful for the technology that allows us to see, talk and text with our families. We spent around 4 hours last night on oovoo video conferencing with my sister in Maui and family in Utah. It was a blast. (except for when they took their laptop outside and showed us the ocean! - very jealous!!!)

Kelcey leaves tomorrow to go back to college. We have had a so much fun with her this week. She has reconnected with her friends, had an amazing time with her siblings and just relaxed. Just what she needed. We hope everyone has had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!! Now, we are off again - rested from Black Friday early morning sales and we are heading to the mall! Also, car shopping with Kelcey. Christmas decorations go up tomorrow, thank heavens for all of the wonderful help with the holidays. Couldn't do it without our family! Love the Jones family.

Kelcey, Rhoan, Ryan, and Taylor wii just dancing II!


I go take a long bath while the kids (and steve) DESTROY the house (the house that I have usually just cleaned!) with their nerf gun fights!

Wonderful Memories!

Of course, I am behind on our pictures again. Need to update our nearly perfect trip to Hawaii, basketball games, final soccer games and banquet, and the list goes on. and if i don't get caught up - MERRY CHRISTMAS!! And a Happy NEW YEAR!

1 comment:

Howard Jones said...

So glad you enjoyed Thanksgiving! I admire how you always make things fun, no matter what situation you are in.
The Evan's and the Wilson's came the Night before Thanksgiving. David and his family couldn't come because was sick. We had a great time, good food, played games and napped. Everyone left so they could get to black Friday.
Glad Kelcey made it back.
I liked your pictures. I guess life is taking it's toll on Stephen's hair? (Not one hair will be lost in the next life) GJ